Friday 14 December 2012

League of Legends Tribunal

For those who don't know, the Tribunal is a system put in place by Riot where players can actively review cases for reported players, to decide if they should be punished or pardoned, depending on game logs provided.

I try to do my 20 cases per day, and spend about 30 minutes determining if I should punish or pardon different players for their actions.


Above is a picture of my overall rankings and scores. Some people may ask why I do this, as there is 0 reward for participating in the Tribunal. I just figure I may as well do my part in trying to keep this game as non-toxic as possible, and one of the ways is to review cases every day. I've currently reviewed over 900 cases (closing in on 1000!), and have a decent accuracy rating and ranking in North America. Overall I've helped to permaban 27 players and prevent 1937 toxic days of play. I think that in itself is worth it.

Now, everyone knows that the Tribunal isn't perfect. Anyone can log on and spam the punish button, even on cases where the person in question shouldn't be punished. I try to make the right decisions, but even sometimes I screw up, and more frequently there are times where I still think the person should be punished/pardoned, but the majority thinks otherwise.

Overall, there are problems with the Tribunal, but with more people taking it seriously it would become a better place and would help make the League of Legends community less toxic in general. 

No comments:

Post a Comment